lolwut?

So. I decided that today was a good day for posting, mostly because it was demanded of me yesterday and, well, I'm an accommodating sort.

Verily I retrieved myself from bed at the early early hour of 11, and got up to make my kids the "real" breakfast I promised them yesterday, and then I got coffee. It's a must in my world. Then I sat down at the computer to think. I say all of this because I know you all care, especially you stalkers out there and, like I said, I'm an accommodating sort.

I began my search into "Things to have an opinion on".

Look how cute news can be!
I checked MSN's homepage, thinking that, you know, they might have news. Let me give a rundown of what MSN calls news on this 27th day of March, 2011.
  • "What do Rockstars Really Get Up To Backstage?"
  • "Video: Naked Man Falls Through Ceiling."
  • "What Stars Wanted To Do Before They Were Famous."
  • "Bikini Burger Brawl" (I'm not sure I want to know)
  • "Using Facebook to Find an Ex."
  • "OMG! 'LOL' Becomes a Real Word."
I didn't include the lame stuff. Seriously.

If I look real hard, I can find "real" news, such as "Japan nuclear radiation reading 'not credible'" or "Syria violence kills 12: report".

Mind you, I like fluff news as much as anyone, I mean, "real" news is always depressing. But then I realized that it's not really that I like fluff, I like happy. It's like there's no in between. Either we're following the news on what sort of toilet paper Justin Bieber wipes his 12-year-old butt with, or we're reading about how 8 million people died in Asia.

I'm not joking when I said I had no plan for this post at all. I'm just rolling with it.

Here are headlines I would like to see:
  • "Scientists Discover Cure for Obesity, Market in a Tasty, Tasty Cupcake."
  • "End of Rainbow Discovered: Enough Gold to Wipe out National Debt."
  • "Bloggers Discovered to be Most Intelligent Human Beings Alive: Study Shows."
  • "Real Life Care Bear Found, Fiction No More."
  • "Serial (Cereal) Theft? Trix Rabbit Wins Lawsuit Against Malicious Children."
  • "Surge in Adoptions, Orphanages Forced To Shut Down."
  • "Heart Health: Pie Daily Shown to Clear Arteries."
  • "Honest, Smart Politician Found, Elected."
Yeah, yeah I'm a dreamer. But it'd be nice.

So I went to CNN thinking that'd be the real news source, and it is, of course. No shortage of depression there. But then, under featured videos, I see "Prince William Picks Cookie Cake". CNN wins! News I care about! Though I am a little confused about why I care about it, but it said both "cookie" and "cake", and that's enough for me.

I didn't really find something to have an opinion on today. And that's okay, because truth be told, I'm not really awake yet. I need people to send me things to have opinions on.

END.

Comments

Popular Posts